Did you know?
Below are some interesting facts and figures released by the National Hospice & Palliative Care Organization.Gulfside is proud to have served residents of Pasco County, Fl for the past 30 years.
- 47.5% of hospice patients are ages 84 or older. Less than 6% are younger than age 65.
- Only 27% of hospice patients have a principal diagnosis of cancer. 18% have a diagnosis of dementia.
- The average length of stay for Medicare patients enrolled in hospice is 71 days.
- Nearly 45% of hospice patients pass away in the comfort of their own home.
- There are 4,382 Medicare certified hospices in the United States.
- Less than 6% of hospice organizations care for 199 patients or more.
- Less than 30% of hospice organizations are non-profit.
For more information about Gulfside Hospice & Pasco Palliative Care, click here.
To see the full publication from NHPCO, click here.